D.I.Y YOUR BUSINESS – FOUNDER WORKSHOPS
Since moving to Dunedin, Otago, we’ve come across a lot of amazing creatives and business owners and solo-entrepreneurs with some amazing ideas and products. We’re all about collaborative business models, empowerment and training for small to medium sized businesses to best tell their business story and sell their products.
We are proud to announce our first round of Create 2 Empower Founder Development Training, which will be run alongside a Collaborative team of Specialists to help you learn and deploy your online business.
The program will be run over 4 weeks on Wednesdays between 9 am and 3 pm where you will work alongside and be mentored by the specialist team while learning how to launch your very own website that is E-Commerce ready for you to start selling your services and physical or digital products online
You will start the training with learning how to navigate the back-end of your new WordPress stand alone website. You will need a Domain Name and WordPress Hosting Package which you will need to purchase and install prior to the course. We recommend Pressable for WordPress hosting, and BlueHost or GoDaddy to purchase your domain name, although there are various options available.
You will learn the importance of branding and imagery to highlight your products and services, as well as to tell YOUR story, the story behind your business. You will be shown tools and techniques for taking brand and product photography to give your website a professional finish. You will also be given tools and advice on the importance of using video content to further enhance your website. We then take those images and upgrade your brand new website into a full fledged E-Commerce website, learning how to accept online payments using PayPal and Stripe, setting up shipping etc.
The program will conclude with a Business Pitching session to the specialist team and your colleagues. The winner of the pitch will receive a business uplift package for your all-new E-Commerce business, This Premium Theme Package includes fine-tuning your branding, Profile Photography and professional filming for Video Content and will further enhance the website you have created.
Creative Director - Graphic Monk Ltd.
Photographer - Kerry Hodge Photography
Visual Creative Designer - Rā Designs
FIlmmaker - Bluehood Studios
123 VOGEL STREET,
WHO SHOULD ATTEND AND PREREQUISITES
- Corporate Business Marketing Managers, Sole Operators, Small to Medium Businesses and many more.
- People who either don’t have a website or are wanting to upgrade their old, ineffective website to convert more.
- People who already have an established WordPress site
- People who have a general basic understanding of WordPress, but who want to get to know the system more intimately.
- People who want how to use WordPress safely and confidently, and who want to explore the possibilities of the system.
- You will need a Domain Name and WordPress Hosting* already purchased with WordPress installed.
*Please note: WordPress.com is not a stand alone WordPress option.
- You will need your own laptop to connect and work online.
- A Digital Camera, Camera Phone or Tablet to learn how to take product photographs.
D.I.Y YOUR BUSINESS – FOUNDER WORKSHOPS Training Day Outline:
- Time 09:00 am – 03:00 pm
- 09:00 am – 09:30 am: Meet & Greet. Set Up.
- 09:30 am – 12:00 pm: Training Time.
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: Lunch Break.
- 12:30 pm – 02:30 pm: Training Time.
- 02:30 pm – 03:00 pm: Networking Opportunity.
- Small Group so that everyone gets one on one attention throughout Training.
- Please note that you will need to bring a laptop as the course is ‘Hands-On’.
- The course is great if you want to learn how to build a new website, or learn how to update and improve your existing one.
- No experience required. As long as you can use a computer you will be able to build a great looking website with WordPress.
- Overview of WordPress.
- Navigate the behind the scenes dashboard with ease.
- Create blog posts and use categories and tags.
- Add pages, Learn to create Navigation Menu.
- Add widgets to your sidebars.
- Add and re-size images.
- Link images and text to other pages.
- Improve your website function using plugins.
- Customize your widgets and sidebars.
- Plus more…
Following this course you will be able to:
- Create a WordPress website
- Manage, update and improve a WordPress website
- Use WordPress to manage your website content
- Integrate social media content into your WordPress website
- Promote your website
- Manage comments
- Understand WordPress themes, plugins and widgets