WordPress In A Day – Professional Development
Our 1 day WordPress course will give you the knowledge to create, manage and run a great WordPress website.
WordPress powers over 57% of the websites on the World Wide Web and has become one of the worlds’ leading online content management systems used by Fortune 500 organisations as well as Small to Medium Businesses globally.
This workshop is for those who already have a WordPress website, have basic understanding of WordPress, but would like a greater understanding of its capabilities, and be able to drive the ‘behind the scenes’ dashboard with increased confidence. You can have your burning questions answered and put new features in place on the day.
** *This course will only go ahead with a minimum of 5 people booked. If the minimum number of bookings are not met, the people who have booked will be transferred to the next available date.***
Auckland Masonic Centre
181 Khyber Pass Road,
WHO SHOULD ATTEND AND PREREQUISITES
- Corporate Business Marketing Managers, Sole Operators, Small to Medium Businesses and many more.
- People who either don’t have a website or are wanting to upgrade their old, ineffective website to convert more.
- People who already have an established WordPress site
- People who have a general basic understanding of WordPress, but who want to get to know the system more intimately.
- People who want how to use WordPress safely and confidently, and who want to explore the possibilities of the system.
WordPress Training Day Outline:
- Central Auckland City Location with under-cover carpark.
- Time 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am: Meet & Greet. Tea / Coffee Provided.
- 9:00 am – 12:30 pm: Training Time.
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Light Lunch Provided.
- 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm: Training Time.
- 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Networking Opportunity.
- Small Group so that everyone gets one on one attention throughout Training.
- Please note that you will need to bring a laptop (PC) as the course is ‘Hands-On’. The Portable Server is not MAC Compatible. No Tablets, IPads, Android.
- Each attendee will receive a portable USB Memory Stick with a WordPress Server loaded.
- Premium Theme Framework provided FREE as used by GRAPHIC MONK: The Design Studio.
- Best Practice Plugins Provided FREE as used by GRAPHIC MONK: The Design Studio.
- Attendees get a WordPress training site to learn on during the day.
- All attendees get electronic copies of the training materials.
- The course is great if you want to learn how to build a new website, or learn how to update and improve your existing one.
- No experience required. As long as you can use a computer you will be able to build a great looking website with WordPress.
- ** Please make sure your laptop is fully charged and you have the power cable with you. This is an all day course. We will endeavor to provide charging points.
WordPress Course Outline:
- Overview of WordPress.
- Navigate the behind the scenes dashboard with ease.
- Create blog posts and use categories and tags.
- Add pages, Learn to create Navigation Menu.
- Add widgets to your sidebars.
- Add and re-size images.
- Link images and text to other pages.
- Improve your website function using plugins.
- Groovy plug in features to improve your blog.
- Customize your widgets and sidebars.
- Add social media and share buttons.
- Basic Introduction to SEO plugin.
- Plus more…
Following this course you will be able to:
- Create a WordPress website
- Manage, update and improve a WordPress website
- Use WordPress to manage your website content
- Integrate social media content into your WordPress website
- Promote your website
- Manage comments
- Understand WordPress themes, plugins and widgets