D.I.Y YOUR BUSINESS – FOUNDER DEVELOPMENT
We are proud to announce our D.I.Y YOUR BUSINESS – FOUNDER DEVELOPMENT Training, which will be run alongside a Collaborative team of Specialists to help you learn and deploy your online business.
The program will be run over 4 weeks on Wednesdays between 9 am and 3 pm where you will work alongside and be mentored by the specialist team while learning how to launch your very own website that is E-Commerce ready for you to start selling your services and physical or digital products online
You will start the training with learning how to navigate the back-end of your new WordPress stand-alone website. You will need a Domain Name and WordPress Hosting Package which you will need to purchase and install prior to the course. We recommend Pressable for WordPress hosting, and BlueHost or GoDaddy to purchase your domain name, although there are various options available.
You will learn the importance of branding and imagery to highlight your products and services, as well as to tell YOUR story, the story behind your business. You will be shown tools and techniques for taking brand and product photography to give your website a professional finish. You will also be given tools and advice on the importance of using video content to further enhance your website. We then take those images and upgrade your brand new website into a full-fledged E-Commerce website, learning how to accept online payments using PayPal and Stripe, setting up shipping etc.
123 VOGEL STREET,
WHO SHOULD ATTEND AND PREREQUISITES
- Corporate Business Marketing Managers, Sole Operators, Small to Medium Businesses and many more.
- People who either don’t have a website or are wanting to upgrade their old, ineffective website to convert more.
- People who already have an established WordPress site
- People who have a general basic understanding of WordPress, but who want to get to know the system more intimately.
- People who want how to use WordPress safely and confidently, and who want to explore the possibilities of the system.
- You will need a Domain Name and WordPress Hosting* already purchased with WordPress installed.
*Please note: WordPress.com is not a stand-alone WordPress option.
- You will need your own laptop to connect and work online.
- A Camera Phone or Tablet to learn how to take product photographs.
DAILY WORKSHOP OUTLINE:
- 09:00 am – 09:30 am: Meet & Greet. Set Up.
- 09:30 am – 12:00 pm: Training Time.
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: Lunch Break.
- 12:30 pm – 02:30 pm: Training Time.
- 02:30 pm – 03:00 pm: Networking Opportunity.
- Small-Group so that everyone gets one on one attention throughout Training.
- Please note that you will need to bring a laptop as the course is ‘Hands-On’.
- The course is great if you want to learn how to build a new website or learn how to update and improve your existing one.
- No experience required. As long as you can use a computer you will be able to build a great looking website with WordPress.
- Overview of WordPress.
- Navigate the behind the scenes dashboard with ease.
- Create blog posts and use categories and tags.
- Add pages, Learn to create Navigation Menu.
- Add widgets to your sidebars.
- Add and re-size images.
- Link images and text to other pages.
- Improve your website function using plugins.
- Customize your widgets and sidebars.
- Plus more…
In an event that the minimum number participation threshold is not met, the course maybe cancelled or pushed out to another date to ensure the numbers. If the course is cancelled prior to starting, a refund will be issued minus any transaction fees.