Performance Combat Arts: Stage Combat Intro Workshop
When: Saturday 31st August 2019 – Sunday 1st September 2019
Where: Kaikorai Valley College Gym, 500 Kaikorai Valley Rd, Bradford, Dunedin 9011
From slaps and hair pulls to kicking and punching, being armed with a Broad Sword and Unarmed moves are the most common combat techniques theatrical and Screen performers are likely to come across when auditioning.
This course is suitable for complete beginners and ideal for anyone interested in Film, TV, Theater, Gaming, AR, VR, Animation, Motion Capture and more. It provides the participants with an excellent foundation to cope with reenacting many roles requiring fights.
Participants will build a foundation in many performance combat techniques, enhancing their acting skill set and Unarmed & Swordfight techniques to keep them safe in their Performance Fights & Combats:
– Introduction to fundamental combat techniques in unarmed and medieval sword work.
– Application of those techniques through performing choreographed fights.
– Learn to work effectively as a fight partner.
– Gain an understanding of safety.
– Acting the fight.
– Understand performing fights.
– Acting Principals.
– Health and Safety.
Benefits for the Actor/Actress:
– Impressive techniques to create a climactic moment in any show.
– Injury prevention with the practice and critique of safe movement.
– Understanding of the instrument. The body and mind will be under maximum stress in a fight scene.
– Improve your fitness while learning practical performance skills.
The workshop runs over 2 days of the weekend. 4 Hours on Saturday and Sunday each. The training starts at 09:00 a.m. to 01:00 p.m.
All participants are required to wear sports clothing, closed toe, anti slip sports shoes, bring a towel, water bottle, small snack.
Please advise your trainer of any medical injuries that could hinder your participation prior to the workshop starting.
Location: Kaikorai Valley College GYM