WordPress powers over 57% of the websites on the World Wide Web and has become one of the worlds’ leading online content management systems used by Fortune 500 organisations as well as Small to Medium Businesses globally.
This workshop is for those who either already have a WordPress website, have basic understanding of WordPress, but would like a greater understanding of its capabilities, and be able to drive the ‘behind the scenes’ dashboard with increased confidence. Strongly recommended to those who wish to take the next step in their business by creating an E-Commerce Website using WordPress. You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to have a successful E-Commerce website up and running.You can have your burning questions answered and put new features in place on the day.
SUNDAY at your Office, Studio or Private Home
08:00 am – 4:30 pm
On your Kitchen Bench, Dinning Table or Living Room or Office. Learn from the comfort of your space. We can come to your office or studio.
***This is a Solo 1 on 1 private training course, we can look at private sessions of up to 3 people. Please contact us to discuss your requirements. ***
WHO SHOULD ATTEND AND PREREQUISITES
- Corporate Business Marketing Managers, Sole Operators, Small to Medium Businesses and many more.
- People who either don’t have a website or are wanting to upgrade their old, ineffective website to convert more.
- People who already have an established WordPress site
- People who have a general basic understanding of WordPress, but who want to get to know the system more intimately.
- People who want how to use WordPress safely and confidently, and who want to explore the possibilities of the system.
WordPress Training Day Outline:
- Time 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- 08:00 am – 8:30 am: Introduction.
- 08:30 am – 10:30 pm: Training Time.
- 10:30 am – 10:45 am: Break.
- 10:45 am – 12:00 pm: Training Time.
- 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm: Lunch Break.
- 12:45 pm – 2:30 pm: Training Time.
- 02:30 pm – 2:45 pm: Break.
- 02:45 pm – 4:30 pm: Training Time.
- Private Training so that you can get one on one attention throughout Training.
- Please note that you will need to provide a laptop (PC) as the course is ‘Hands-On’. The Portable Server is not MAC Compatible. No Tablets, IPads, Android.
- Internet Connection at your location will be a bonus for the training and if you have a server space, you could build a live website during your training session.
- You will receive a portable USB Memory Stick with a WordPress Server loaded.
- Premium Theme Framework provided FREE as used by GRAPHIC MONK: The Design Studio.
- Best Practice Plugins Provided FREE as used by GRAPHIC MONK: The Design Studio.
- Attendees get a WordPress training site to learn on during the day. Or if you have your domain name and hosting pre arranged we will help you build your site live on your server.* conditions apply
- All attendees get electronic copies of the training materials.
- The course is great if you want to learn how to build a new website, or learn how to update and improve your existing one.
- No experience required. As long as you can use a computer you will be able to build a great looking website with WordPress.
WordPress Course Outline:
- Overview of WordPress.
- Navigate the behind the scenes dashboard with ease.
- Create blog posts and use categories and tags.
- Add pages, Learn to create Navigation Menu.
- Add widgets to your sidebars.
- Add and re-size images.
- Link images and text to other pages.
- Improve your website function using plugins.
- Groovy plug in features to improve your blog.
- Customize your widgets and sidebars.
- Add social media and share buttons.
- Basic Introduction to SEO plugin.
- Plus more…
FOLLOWING THIS COURSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Create a WordPress website
- Manage, update and improve a WordPress website
- Use WordPress to manage your website content
- Integrate social media content into your WordPress website
- Promote your website
- Manage comments
- Understand WordPress themes, plugins and widget.
**This is a NON-REFUNDABLE Course. If you have booked for the Professional Development Course but can’t make it on the day, please advise us at-least 2 days in advance. We will put your booking on “HOLD” and you can attend the next available Professional Development Course.