D.I.Y FOUNDERS – TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE
Next Intake start: Monday 14th June 2021
Since 2020 and with the impact of Covid-19, we’ve come across a lot of amazing creatives and business owners and solo-entrepreneurs with some amazing ideas and products. We’re all about collaborative business models, empowerment and training for small to medium sized businesses to best tell their business story and sell their products.
We are proud to announce our D.I.Y FOUNDERS – TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ONLINE Training, to help you learn and deploy your online business.
The program is run over 3 Days, Monday to Wednesday over 2 weeks, 3 hrs each day between 09:00 am to 11:00 am where you will work alongside and be mentored while learning how to launch your very own website that is E-Commerce ready for you to start selling your services and physical or digital products online as well as navigating the world of Digital Trading during the Global Lock Down & beyond.
You will start the training with learning how to navigate the back-end of your new WordPress stand alone website. You will need a Domain Name and WordPress Hosting Package which you will need to purchase and install prior to the course. We recommend PRESSABLE for WordPress & WooCommerce hosting, and BlueHost or GoDaddy to purchase your domain name, although there are various options available.
You will learn the importance of branding and imagery to highlight your products and services, as well as to tell YOUR story, the story behind your business. We then take your imagery and upgrade your brand new website into a full fledged E-Commerce website, learning how to accept online payments using PayPal and Stripe, setting up shipping etc.
To help with designing your new website, you will receive the all popular DIVI Theme installer to use on your website as well as learn about most effective and curated plugin modules to better enhance your new or existing WordPress website.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND AND PREREQUISITES
- Corporate Business Marketing Managers, Sole Operators, Small to Medium Businesses and many more.
- People who either don’t have a website or are wanting to upgrade their old, ineffective website to convert more.
- People who already have an established WordPress site
- People who have a general basic understanding of WordPress, but who want to get to know the system more intimately.
- People who want how to use WordPress safely and confidently, and who want to explore the possibilities of the system.
- You will need a Domain Name and WordPress Hosting* already purchased with WordPress installed.
*Please note: if purchasing WordPress.com account, please emsure you upgrade to the eCommerce plan as the other plans will not work.
- You will need your own laptop or computer to connect and work online.
- A webcam and microphone to use to dial in to the Google Hangouts Meet Conference Call.
Training Day Outline:
- Duration: Monday – Wednesday; 09:00 am – 11:00 am for 2 weeks training.
- Small Groups so that everyone gets one on one attention throughout Training.
- Please note that you will need to have a laptop or computer as the course is ‘Hands-On’.
- You need a webcam and microphone with speaker or headphones.
- The course is great if you want to learn how to build a new website, or learn how to update and improve your existing one.
- No experience required. As long as you can use a computer you will be able to build a great looking website with WordPress.
- Overview of WordPress.
- Navigate the behind the scenes dashboard with ease.
- Create blog posts and use categories and tags.
- Add pages, Learn to create Navigation Menu.
- Add widgets to your sidebars.
- Add and re-size images.
- Link images and text to other pages.
- Improve your website function using plugins.
- Customize your widgets and sidebars.
- Plus more…
Following this course you will be able to:
- Create a WordPress website
- Manage, update and improve a WordPress website
- Use WordPress to manage your website content
- Integrate social media content into your WordPress website
- Promote your website
- Manage comments
- Understand WordPress themes, plugins and widgets